Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Victory Shall Be Mine!!!

It's the little things. Since I am a programmer, my family thinks (and is usually right) that I can fix their computers. Well, a while ago a bad little virus embedded itself into my brother's PC and then into my father-in-law's. To fix it for good, and for my own sanity, I installed Ubuntu on both. Over two months later they are both very happy with it. Even better, my father-in-law praised firefox when he went to a dangerous web page, and it said "Get Me Out of Here!" Users don't really expect that much and it's nice to be able to give it to them.

Also, last night my brother mentioned he still didn't like open office. The buttons are in different places. So he installed Microsoft Office and had been using it for over a week! My brother is one of the most anti-computer people I know. And he installed a Windows application on Linux! That just says tons about the level of quality and functionality of Linux, Wine, and Ubuntu. I don't know if any of you will ever read this, but thank you! You have saved me from an eternity of fixing Windows boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment