Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Scientific Progress goes "Boink"?

Sourceforge as approved my request for cl-pcp, my Common Lisp CFFI Pixbuf, Cairo, and Pango bindings. I should have it posted any day now. I've almost gotten pixbuf working, although, I haven't had much time to test it. I'm looking forward to completing this component and moving on to the 3D part of my project. I also have the idea for a simple S-Form based version control system, I'm calling it boink right now, from Calvin and Hobbes "Scientific Progress goes Boink". It's really simple, it just connects to a database or set of files and you can define packages and when you are ready to keep a version of a function, macro, defcfun, etc. just use (boink) to look through the last three forms and add the first one to the current working package. When you start lisp, boink will create the packages for you and load them into memory. I don't see why this shouldn't work for the CLOS objects as well. It's simple but I think it's more than what I need right now. I should have more information at my sourceforge site soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment